Add a special experience to your cruising holiday and see the Bay of Islands your way on this full-day, private sightseeing shore excursion tour of the region’s major attractions and highlights. You will learn a lot about the Bay, its surroundings and the whole of New Zealand and also delight in the opportunity to enjoy a Rainbow Falls river walk.
Similar to 4-Hour Bay of Islands Private Tour, but includes as well Rainbow Falls River Walk (2 -2.5 hours return) ….
Trip at a Glance
Private Car Tour, Sightseeing, River Walk
up to 6 hours
All the tours start from Your hotel in Paihia/Kerikeri, Paihia cruise ship landing area or Paihia i-SITE
– All taxes, pick up, drop off and a bottle of water
Airport transfer can be provided
The sunny Bay of Islands will provide you with golden beaches, secluded coves, tranquil harbors, warm waters, dramatic coastlines, amazing walks, and a spectacular forest. The beautiful natural attractions are only a fraction of what this area has to offer. The perfect place to enjoy your time ashore!
History hangs heavily in the Bay of Islands. Local historical sites can be found throughout the region including Paihia, Kerikeri, Russell as well as one of New Zealand’s most significant historical sites – the Waitangi Treaty Grounds. The site of the earliest settlements of both Māori and Europeans, Bay of Islands is unquestionably the birthplace of the nation.
The Bay of Islands (almost 150 islands) is one of the best places in New Zealand to view marine life. With incredible sea creatures on and under the water to see, including dolphins and whales.
Enjoy Haruru Falls. Located just around the corner from Paihia, it showcases a breath-taking waterfall. Visit the Stone Store and Kemp House, 2 of the oldest surviving buildings in the country. See the stunning Rainbow Falls in Kerikeri’s outskirts. This tour include wonderful 1.5 hours return walk to Rainbow Falls as well as to Wharepuke Falls. Step back in time with a visit to Rewa’s Village, a full scale replica of a pre-European Māori fishing village!
Do not forget the scrumptious food and wine and indulge yourself with the delicious fresh local produce, seafood, gourmet goods and award winning wines available across the entire region.
This is a list of the attractions you can enjoy on this tour.
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds (Paihia) – New Zealand’s most important historic site. The Waitangi Treaty Grounds are an absolute must-do when you are at the Bay of Islands. A high-energy, entertaining Cultural Performance (NZD 40.00pp)
- Haruru Falls (Paihia) – just around the corner from Paihia showcases a breathtaking waterfall …
- The Stone Store & Kemp House – Kerikeri Mission Station (Kerikeri)– the lovely site of two of the country’s oldest surviving buildings…
- Rainbow Falls (Kerikeri) – lovely walk to stunning Rainbow Falls in Kerikeri’s outskirts and Wharepuke Falls (Kerikeri) – a picturesque forest falls …
- St James Anglican Church (Kerikeri) – the wooden historic church on the hill above the Stone Store…
- Rewa‘s Village (Kerikeri) – a full scale replica of a pre – European Māori fishing village
Adult (Age 18 to 64) NZD 265.00/USD 185.00 Per Person (Minimum 2 Adults)
Child ( to 14) NZD 130.00/USD 90.00 Per Child ( With 2 Adults/Seniors)
Senior (Age 65+) NZD 250.00/USD 175.00 Per Person (Minimum 2 Adults/Seniors)
(Addmission to the Waitangi Grounds – NZD 40.00 per person – is not included)
Tour is available within November – March only …