See Bay of Islands your way, on a private sightseeing tour of the region’s major attractions and highlights. Your personalized Half-Day Private Tour in Paihia and Kerikeri starts with private pickup from your hotel, sea landing or Paihia i-SITE. What could be a better way to discover this astonishing place? You will learn a lot about the Bay, its surroundings and the whole of New Zealand…
The Bay of Islands is the postcard star of New Zealand’s North Island, blessed with white sands, glittering turquoise waters, and almost 150 sub-tropical islands. This private 4-hour tour from Paihia checks off all the highlights, so you can learn about New Zealand’s colonial history at the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, marvel at natural wonders such as Haruru Falls and Wharepuke Falls.
What to Expect
Meet your private guide at your central Paihia hotel or on arrival at Waitangi tender pier (Paihia) and set out to explore the Bay of Islands. The exact itinerary for your Private Tour in Paihia and kerikeri can be tailored to your personal preferences, but tours typical start with a visit to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds. As you explore Waitangi museum, learn more about the site’s historic significance, the signing of the Waitangi Treaty, and the birthplace of a nation, then be treated to a cultural performance in the Waitangi grounds.
As you journey around the bay, stop to take photos of natural wonders such as the Haruru Falls and the Rainbow Falls;
admire the Stone Store & Kemp House (Kerikeri Mission Station) in Kerikeri, two of the country’s oldest buildings;
and take a peek at the historic wooden church of St James.
Take a stroll along the Kerikeri River to see the Wharepuke Falls, pause to soak up the views across the Bay, then pay a visit to Rewa‘s Village, a full-scale replica of a pre–European Māori fishing village, where you can learn more about the region’s rich Maori heritage.
After a morning or afternoon exploring the Bay of Islands, your tour ends with drop-off back at your Paihia hotel or cruise port.
Trip at a Glance
Photo Tour, Private Car Tour, Sightseeing
Your hotel in Paihia/Kerikeri, Paihia cruise ship landing area or Paihia i-SITE
Local guide, private transport, bottled water
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds (Paihia) – New Zealand’s most important historic site. The Waitangi Treaty Grounds are an absolute must-do when you are at the Bay of Islands. A high-energy, entertaining Cultural Performance included
- Haruru Falls (Paihia) – just around the corner from Paihia showcases a breathtaking waterfall …
- The Stone Store & Kemp House – Kerikeri Mission Station (Kerikeri) – the lovely site of two of the country’s oldest surviving buildings…
- Rainbow Falls (Kerikeri) – stunning Rainbow Falls in Kerikeri’s outskirts
- St James Anglican Church (Kerikeri) – the wooden historic church on the hill above the Stone Store…
- Rewa‘s Village (Kerikeri) – a full scale replica of a pre – European Māori fishing village
- Wharepuke Falls (Kerikeri) – a picturesque forest falls
PRICING(excludes entry fees):
NZD 450.00 Per Tour (1-4pax)
(Admission to the Waitangi Grounds – NZD 40.00 per person is not included)